Wednesday, October 18, 2006

granny talk

few days back i heard my granny and the neighbour lady talk.. but this part of the conversation occurred after about five hours of them talking. i could sense from my granny's voice that she had had enough and desperately wanted to come back in. this was her attempt to end the conversation and the neighbour lady's not so feeble attempt to continue the conversation.

my granny: hmm nice weather
neighbour-: ya nice weather, so what plans for dinner
my granny: don't know, looks like it'll rain
neighbour: ya looks like it'll rain, so when will your daughter come?
my granny: ahh ya she'll come some time, (a speedy bike passes by) pah these boys
neighbour: pah these boys, what about your granddaughter, what plans for the future?
my granny: god only knows kids these days, oh i think shez calling ( when i haven't even opened my mouth)
neighbour: ya god only knows kids these days.. oh is she calling? i dont think so tell me what else
my granny:(blatantly) ok see you around..

and she comes in only to find me rolling all over the floor... and besides this whole conversation was in malayalam so it was doubly hilarious! :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting !! And you kept listening to the whole conversation and mugged it up !! :p

Anonymous said...

How attentive! And congrats u have successfully eavesdropped on a mal conversation!

Surviving said...

ya well its etched in my mind not like i made an effort to mug it up.... and i also 'always eavesdrop' on mal conversations !!! 0:-)

Benkiman said...

you should have put up the mallu version fuly. this doesn't give any effect

i am an arbit blogger just reading random blogs.

multitasker said...

lol mooga..i dint expect this from u!!