Friday, November 24, 2006

saying and annoying

With a conservative granny at home i'm quite used to constantly hearing running commentary about how i'm not as good as her brother's nephew's cousin, who is currently in the U.S studying this or that, or her nephew's cousin's brother who is earning some magnanimous amount, or he/she/it is doing some fancy course, or the recently arrived guest who knows an inkling of me adviced me to study this or that or do some crap in life, all this and more is usually what my granny says to me aside the constant comparison with someone or the other, or finding flaws, like this ridiculous one i hear almost 5 times a week- "your hair is so brown, why do you colour it, beggars have this kind of hair, i can't believe you'll pay to get it done... oh everybody said they liked your hair when you were younger what is this...blah blah blah", all this and some more ridicule.

My dad constantly asks me, right from when i was three, why only eat two chapathis, or two idlis or two dosas! Go Figure!!!!!

My poor mom has given up on my studying habits, she knows the more she forces me the more laid back i'll become. so once in a while she brings up this non-sensical topic of how when i was younger i always scored well, better than my friends and now those same friends score better than me. hmmm i just end up keeping quiet.

My friends and I always like going out for chaat every second day, so my grandfather never understood this phenomenon and everytime they came home he would pass a comment. It drove me up the wall but now when i look back it seems rather funny
my boyfriend is on this unrelentless trip always promising me that he'll make it up to me for all the stupid things he does... but .... i'm still waiting.....

my friend sharanya calls me water slide nose.. i really can't blame her(ha ha)

my close friends think i'm really reserved or in their annoying way of putting it"secretive".. i''l tell them things that they need to know.. otherwise LET ME BE.

all this saying and annoying is one mind game after another but i'm slowly learning to realize that all things said are either out of insecurities or concern all things i get annoyed by are either truly annoying or truly true!

No comments: