Sunday, January 28, 2007

poem

PERCEPTION
-Megha Subodh

In one day I walked alone
Out to venture the world alone
What I saw was mine alone
It was my perception.

The beggar that he was he sat in one corner
He begged and he pleaded
And waited for someone to fulfill what he needed
A pompous puffed up politician was he
He took bribes and corrupted minds
till the last drop of water at sea.

She stood down the road waiting to be picked
Though she knew she could be tricked
For she was a harlot and this was her curse
Also her gift her destiny and worse.

He killed for reasons only he would understand
Taking lives of the innocent and blameless
Pretending that it was his land
Secretly he knew he would meet his destiny
For he was a murderer without morality.

He hit his wife he hit his children
He was a father who was one in a million
For he was a Drunkard and will remain till his dying day
Is there anyone who can show him the right way.

She was left with a divorce and a daughter
For she was a single mother heart filled with mortar
Everyday she relived her haunted past
Wondering what the mistress looked like last.

In an instant friends they will always be
Well that is what you think you stupid girl you see
Friends with benefits that is all that anyone is
Everyone has a hidden plan that you always miss.

They used it like it were a toy
Putting guns in the hands of a little boy
When will the world actually see
War will not prevail but you and me.

I knew I could not change the fact
for all these things would remain intact
Thus I walked along alone
All I saw was mine alone.

At the end I stood alone
After I ventured the world alone
All I saw was mine alone
It will remain my perception

A mere sense of impotency falls over me
For I am incapable of changing the things I see
I hope my voice reaches some one
Is there someone something that can change my perception?

3 comments:

Adarsh Bhat said...

I love this piece — very touching.

Surviving said...

thnks its something anyone can associate with i hope

Abhilash said...

Wow !! Really nice