Friday, May 25, 2007

A serial that's close to my heart??

Ya I never thought that couldbe possible, but I've recently come to admit to myself that I really, really like Grey's Anatomy. Now one might think so what?? I mean who doesn't like tv shows, there's the evergreen FRIENDS and Ally McBeal, or any of those comedy shows really..but for me Grey's Anatomy is more than just another serial.

Admitted that I am addicted to television, I obviously had to then fall in love with a serial, a character more importantly. Grey's Anatomy's Meredith Grey played by Ellen Pompeo is mainly the one who gets me through Wednesday nights, who makes me download and watch re-runs of episodes sometimes(shamelessly admitting), who makes me wonder sometimes how incredibly simmilar her character is to mine. What I also love about the show is the script, most of the lines are portrayed as Meredith's thoughts..which leaves me wondering how I've thought about the exact same things at some point or the other. Next the soundtracks that have been so aptly placed in each episode are simply brilliant.

Anyway just putting down this entry to remind me that I don't always necessarily need a person or a relationship in my life to be my pillar of strength. Life doesn't work that way always, you always have that fairy tale image of something in your life..and even though it never works out, you keep failing, and that light at the end of the tunnel just fused... you still hold on to that fairy tale, I still hold on to that fairy tale.

"You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true."-Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there,
i know i don't know you but, I looooooveeeee GREY's Anatomy. It seriously got me addicted. I mean SERIOUSLY. Its the best DRAMA ever.


Seriously?Seriously.
-Meredith Grey